Looking for the perfect turmeric muffin recipe? Look no further. Our tasty TurmeriX Un-Muffins are finished with a crunchy maple nut topping. Give them a try for breakfast or a power-packed snack.
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp TurmeriX
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 3 large super ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup probiotic yoghurt, plus 12 tsp extra to serve
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 2 tbs almond flour
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 175ºC. In a bowl, mix oatmeal, rice flour, flaxseeds, baking soda and walnuts.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, yoghurt, agave and avocado oil and stir in the bananas.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix well, then spoon into muffin pan.
- Bake for 22 minutes until they’re golden brown, or the top of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
- Meanwhile, to make the maple nut crunch, chop the nuts into small pieces and toast them in a dry frying pan over medium heat, until golden. Cool slightly, then add almond flour, maple syrup, mixed spice and salt and mix together. Cool completely.
- Serve each muffin with 1 tsp of yoghurt and a sprinkling of nut topping. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.