What is sustainable biodynamic Turmeric Powder?
Turmeric powder is derived from the turmeric plant, a rhizome (root stalk) that is very similar to ginger but that has a lightly earthy scent and a deep yellow colour. To put it more simply, turmeric is a spice with spectacular benefits.
Are you a fan of curry? You might recognise it as the main spice and the main colour in curry powder. It’s commonly used in Asian cuisine, particularly in Thai and Indian cooking. Not sure how to use your turmeric powder? Visit our blog for a list of recipes that not only taste delicious, but are great for your health!
Nowadays, this super spice is gaining popularity around the world thanks to its long list of health benefits. Our sustainable biodynamic turmeric powder is particularly healthy since it is not exposed to pesticides or other harmful chemicals.
What are the Benefits of Sustainable Biodynamic Turmeric Powder?
Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound that is known for its antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties.
While it is not a cure-all or a replacement for standard medicines, turmeric can promote healing and help reduce pain. Here are some of the many benefits turmeric has to offer:
- Fights inflammation. Curcumin’s anti-inflammatory properties help rheumatoid arthritis, IBS, stomach ulcers, and post-operative inflammation. Fighting chronic inflammation may increase life expectancy.
- Increases antioxidant capacity. Antioxidants are your body’s way of fighting free radicals. More antioxidants = less free radicals.
- Increase BDNF. BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) is a growth hormone. If your levels are too low, this can lead to brain disorders like Alzheimer’s. Turmeric increases levels of this hormone and helps improve memory and logical thought, and may also act as an antidepressant.
- Lowers risk of hearth disease. Turmeric may improve the lining of your blood vessels, lowering the risk of heart disease.
- Lowers risk of cancer. Turmeric may help prevent some forms of cancer. Studies show that it might even assist in killing cancerous cells.
- Soothing. Turmeric can be used to soothe sore throats, coughs, stomach pains and bloating, gas, and heartburn.
- Good for the skin. Turmeric can also be used on the skin to lighten dark spots and help fight acne.
Enjoy your turmeric powder in a delicious meal, as a soothing tea, or in a number of other ways. Not a fan of the powder? We also offer turmeric capsules for something that’s a little easier to swallow.
Where to Buy Turmeric Powder in Australia
If you’re looking for the best place to buy turmeric powder online, look no further. Turmerix is one of Australia’s number one sellers of sustainable biodynamic turmeric powder and other turmeric items. We offer a huge variety of turmeric products at unbelievable prices, including our competitive bundles. Find a store near you to pick up your turmeric products today.
Do you have any questions or comments? We’d love to hear from you! Explore our website or give us a ring on 1800 887 637.