At TurmeriX we love our little (and big) pawed friends as much as family. In fact, there are all sorts of health benefits dogs can receive from turmeric, too. You may be wondering, 'how much turmeric is safe to give my dog?' Or you may simply be unsure of how to get a particularly fussy pup to take it! To help you get started with ease, TurmeriX recommends the following turmeric dosage for dogs, based on their size.
Dog Breeds By Size:
- Tiny Dog Breeds – (E.g. Chihuahua, Maltese Terrier, Australian Terrier) 1/4 teaspoon TurmeriX
- Small Dog Breeds – (E.g.: Spaniels, Dachshund, Shih Tzu) 1/2 teaspoon TurmeriX
- Medium - Large Dog Breeds – (E.g.: Staffordshire Terrier, standard poodles, kelpies) 1 level teaspoon TurmeriX
- Larger Dog Breeds – (E.g.: Shepherd, Huskie, Great Dane, Rottweiler, Labrador) 1 softly rounded teaspoon TurmeriX
Directions For Dry Dog Food:
- Sprinkle over kibble and add a little hot water and stir to make it pasty around the kibble.
- Crack a raw egg on top breaking the yolk.
- Once they eat it the first time it flips a switch in their digestive system so that they usually just eat it without the egg incentive in future without issue.
Directions For Wet Dog Food:
- Mix into wet food and top with egg incentive again, as above.