Turmeric powder is a wonderfully diverse spice that can be added to a huge range of dishes, drinks and remedies. With plenty of flavour and a host of health benefits, it’s an excellent way to spice things up in the kitchen (pun intended!) while giving your body the treatment it deserves. You can also create a range of home remedies with minimal effort!
Turmeric Powder RecipesWe’ve compiled a short list of simple recipes with turmeric powder to help you get started with Turmerix. Once you get more confident about cooking meals with turmeric powder, you can start to experiment with your own creations – if you do, be sure to share your best with us!
Turmeric tonic recipeIf you’re after something slightly sweet, wonderfully earthy and packed full of nutrients to start your day, this is the perfect recipe. This turmeric tonic recipe gives you the all the health benefits condensed into a delicious, natural drink to kick start the day. You don’t even need a proper juicer to prepare it! What you’ll need For starters, you’ll need a healthy supply of Turmerix on hand. We’ll also add:
- Ginger as an extra anti-inflammatory plus a boost to absorption and digestion
- Coconut water for hydration, nourishment, vitamins and minerals
- Orange or lemon for a refreshing flavour and plenty of antioxidants and vitamin C
- Carrot for protection from cell damage and vitamin A for healthy skin
- Honey or maple syrup for a lovely hint of sweetness
- Black pepper to activate the curcumin the increase bioavailability
- Cayenne or cinnamon are optional additions for an extra kick and to aid digestion
- 2 cups coconut water (or filtered water)
- ½ to 1 tsp dried turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- juice from 1 lemon or orange
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 tbsp raw honeyor real maple syrup
- pinch of black pepper
- Optional: a pinch of cayenne or cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Drink as is or strain before serving. Easy!
Turmeric powder drink recipe for ‘golden milk’ teaYou’ve likely heard of English Breakfasts and Earl Greys, but are you familiar with Golden Milk? Such an enticing name can only be attributed to an excellent herbal remedy made with turmeric and a variety of other ingredients. While it may seem strange at first, you’ll quickly find the unique flavours comforting – not to mention the health benefits you’ll enjoy! This turmeric powder drink recipe can help aid immune function, digestion, liver function and a variety of other processes, plus its full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s perfect as a daily cup before bed for improved relaxation, but feel free to brew some up whenever you like! Ingredients
- 2 cups of milk of choice (almond, pecan, coconut and dairy all work in this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric or Turmeric Spice Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup or to taste (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
- Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- First, blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Then, Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Drink immediately
Turmeric mouthwash recipeYes, you read that correctly! Before we lose you, hear us out. While you’d sooner think of turmeric as a curry spice than a form of oral hygiene, its various health benefits can make it highly effective in keeping your teeth and gums healthy. We all know that good oral care is extremely important, so why not utilise your turmeric powder to its fullest potential? Plus, by making your own you’ll avoid the cost of expensive mouthwash off the counter of your local supermarket or chemist. Ingredients
- 10mg of turmeric extract
- 100ml water
- (optional) a drop or two of peppermint oil for flavour
- This simple turmeric mouthwash is not complicated. Just stir the turmeric extract into the water and add peppermint oil if desired. Otherwise, simply stir some of the turmeric powder into warm water.
- Swish around the mouth for 10 seconds, being sure to cover as much surface area as possible.
- Spit into bathroom sink and repeat 2 or 3 times if desired.