This is one of my favourite soups, quick and easy to make. Good to freeze to.
1.5kg pumpkin, seeded and chopped /
½ cup cream
1 onion finely chopped
1L vegetable stock
¼ tsp grated nutmeg
2 tsp TurmeriX
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
sour cream to serve
- Place pumpkin, onion and vegetable stock in a large saucepan.
- Cover, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Put through blender, in batches, until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and add the cream, nutmeg, TurmeriX and pepper.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and sour cream.